24 hours in San Francisco

untitled-51pebble beach


 We arrived  last Saturday morning – a very early flight on air Canada dream liner – 1st class – fantastic flight , food was amazing, so spoiled.  We stayed at the W hotel , checked in and walked to Fisherman’s Warf.  

After checking into our room – we arrived quite early but there was a room ready, such a great surprise.  We freshened up and got ready for our day in San Francisco.  A beautiful sunny day with a cool breeze, much better than the ice storm we left behind at home .  We were so lucky our flight got out, many flights were cancelled after we left, so we heard from friends that were arriving the next day.


We had lunch at Chowder Hut Fresh Grill.  It’s a great location,  fairly inexpensive, and the service was good.  The chowder is served in a Boudin sourdough bread bowl, very tasty.  We then headed to the Ghirardelli chocolate factory, such an amazing place if you love chocolate.  They have an area where you can sit and buy decadent ice cream desserts and of course the chocolates.  We caved and bought 4 large bars.  We rented a GoCar from Go Car Tours, it was a spur of the moment decision.  Many people were renting these little cars, so we decided why not.  We went to the Golden Gate Bridge, I jumped out and took some photos.  Once we got back after about an hour we found a bar that had the Toronto Raptors game on TV, so we sat down and had a few drinks and watched the 4th quarter.  We were so happy when the Raptors won.  We decided to take a ride on the cable car, a must when in San Francisco, the line up at the base of the Ghirardelli square was crazy long, so we walked.   We hopped on  at  the base of Fishermans Wharf (less people in line)  and rode it downtown, which was  closer to our hotel, then we got off at the end of the line and walked a bit longer until we made it back to the hotel.

For dinner we wanted to stay near the hotel, so we went into Thirsty Bear – this is a pub which makes their own craft beer.  This is a great place for drinks but the menu didn’t work for us, so we left after a drink and headed to the W to eat at the bar.  We had an early night, as we were meeting friends at the airport the next morning so we could continue on to Pebble Beach….. 





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s